The Night Club is a musical variety show featuring St. Odilia parishioner talent, produced by volunteers. Night Club delivers music performances featuring a wide variety of music types includes rock, swing, country, blues, folk and more. Performances include visual and genre specific costuming, staging and other visuals as well as incorporating humor, fun and surprises throughout the night. These performances are geared towards adult audiences.
- The show’s primary focus is musical performance and showcasing of parishioner talent.
- The target for show length is 2 hours and will feature two Sets with a 15 minute intermission.
- The show may feature slide shows or video prior to the show start and during intermission. Motion videos should not be shown during show Sets as this may conflicts with the show’s primary focus.
- Videos must be professionally produced and should not exceed 8 minutes in length.
- Slide shows may be used during performances to provide visual enhancement for the number. Slide animation and transitions should be kept to a minimum in order to keep audience focus on performers. No motion video will be permitted during performances.
- All videos and slide shows must be reviewed and approved by the NC committee for show appropriateness.
- MCs will be selected by the Night Club committee and will provide introduction and transition between musical acts and may be featured in a musical number.
- MCs will provide a few humorous short bits to aid in performer / act transition but should be kept to a minimum as well as keep focus on musical performances and parishioner talent.